PDF is undoubtedly a popular file format that boasts portability for easier document sharing. But when it comes to making some changes, PDF documents give you more challenges. To enable editing, you need to convert PDF to Word document.
There are many ways to convert PDF files to Word instantly. Once converted, you can easily make changes, save in Word and then convert the documents back to PDF. For further information, get the answer in this post!
3 Ways for How to Convert PDF to Word
From using an online converter to Google Docs, there are different ways to help you convert PDF to Word before editing. Check out the following list and get inspired!
1. Using Online Converter
This is the most convenient and fastest way to convert PDF documents to Word. Without the need of installing any program or spending a dime, you can easily convert file formats as desired. Most converters also support other formats like JPG to PDF, Word to PDF, Excel to PDF, and much more.
There are plenty of online converters you can benefit from. Simply type the keyword on your browser search bar and choose one that you like the most, one of them is Smallpdf.com.
How to use an online converter? The following steps should help you:
- Go to the Smallpdf.com, choose PDF to Word.
- Upload a PDF file from your device or cloud.
- Click Convert PDF to Word. Wait for the processing time.
- Download the converted file.
That’s how to convert PDF documents to Word. The steps might vary depending on the online converter you are using.
2. Using Google Docs
Not many people know that Google Docs has a function to convert PDF to Word. With it, you can open PDF document and save as other formats including docx, txt, rtf, and many more. Much like using online converter, you don’t necessarily need to download software or pay for the service.
Here is how to convert PDF to Word using Google Docs:
- Go to Google Docs, login with your account.
- Upload a PDF file by clicking the file icon.
- Choose a file from your device or Google Drive.
- On the dropdown list, click Open with Google Docs.
- Once opened, click File. Choose Download and select Microsoft Word (.docx).
- It will load the converted document to your device.
This method works well for text-version and scanned PDF. But when it contains images, Google Docs won’t convert images so it will be missing. Read more on Androidally.com.
3. Using Microsoft Word
If you have a newer MS Office (2013 or above) installed on your computer, you can easily convert PDF to Word right from Microsoft Word. This program comes with a built-in feature dubbed PDF reflow that enables you to convert PDF files to Word.doc. Thus, you can easily edit the document.
MS Word supports text version PDF only, which means your scanned PDF can’t be supported by this program. Take a closer look at the following steps to convert PDF to Word:
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click File, select Open.
- Choose Computer and browse the PDF file you want to convert. Click Open.
- You will see a warning message. Confirm to continue. MS Word will start converting PDF file.
- Check the converted document and edit as desired.
Please note that Microsoft Word might not give you optimum result. The converted document might not look the same as the original document, especially if it contains a lot of graphics. That’s why you need to check the result and make changes here and there for the best result.
In a nutshell, there are different ways to convert PDF to Word. Ranging from online converter to Microsoft Word, you can easily edit a PDF file once it is converted to Word format.