Lemon tea is already common. Everybody can make that one easily in any creation. But have you ever tried something new? Let’s make the lemongrass tea for the next your “me-time”. This is also just as easy. More than that, you will get some benefits from the lemongrass. If you have sleeping trouble, immune issue, or PMS symptoms, just sit and drink lemongrass tea. Follow the steps on how to make lemongrass tea in this article, then feel the new calming sensation.
Lemongrass is one of the most popular herbs from Asia. Actually, this plant could be found in a tropical area. People usually add the lemongrass in the soup or fried in dried. But don’t be sad if you are not Asian. You are still able to plant the lemongrass by figuring how to harvest lemongrass based on your environment. Because planting it is so easy, even though you only have a small garden or several pots.
Recipe of Fresh Lemongrass Tea
Lemongrass tea is free from caffeine. Because its leaves are not like the tea leaves. So, you can enjoy lemongrass tea every day dan every time without having worries for sleep side effects. Following the steps on how to make lemongrass tea below won’t take you much time. It is so simple, and you can make for many cups at the same time. Ready for the new freshness?
- 5 cups of water (depends on how many cups you want to make)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 or 3 stalks of lemongrass, roughly chopped
- Lime for garnish (optional)
- Take your pan and add some water-based on the portion you want to make. Boil the water with the medium-high heat level.
- Add the lemongrass leaves inside. Let them boil rapidly for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low but don’t turn off your stove, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Take out the stalks from the water. Add the sugar (or any sweetener if you want), stir until it gets dissolved.
- Remove from heat and directly divide into cups. You can also pour into the teapot before it is served.
- Enjoy while it is warm.
- Using a sweetener here is optional. If you want tastier, putting sugar or any sweetener might give you another taste.
- There are many articles that show you how to make lemongrass tea. Some people serve the tea in cold. So, right after they remove from heat and place into a teapot, they rest it for 5 minutes then put in the refrigerator. Add some ice might make the tea fresher too.
The Uses of Lemongrass Tea
Lemongrass tea is a perfect compliment for your leisure time. In fact, you can get more benefits from lemongrass tea. As we mentioned before, lemongrass can help you to boost immune, cure the sleeping problem, and reduce stomach cramps due to PMS. Besides those uses, lemongrass tea is useful for cholesterol, diabetes, and controlling blood pressure. Lemongrass is rich with minerals that keep your health.
Drinking lemongrass tea is healthy and tasty. How to make lemongrass tea above is worth a try, even more on a rainy day. You can ask your friends to sit together and enjoy the warmth of friendship through a fresh lemongrass tea.