The black screen usually makes the user frustrated. Especially when their deadline is close and all the job they have work before for so long is only in MacBook and not have a backup yet. Here are some tips for you which face this problem. But before doing these steps it better for you to be patient, and take a deep breath. believe that this can happen to everyone, and this problem will be fixed soon.
How to Fix The MacBook Black Screen
Now, here are some tips to treat your Macbook black screen problem.
Reset The SMC
What is SMC? SMC is a System Management Controller, which control the processor’s work. This is a few steps to reset it and get the MacBook black screen problem done
- Shut down the Mac. The first step to reset the SMC is by shutting down the Macbook. When it turns to a black screen, you will have no idea to fix it. So shut it down and then use the MagSafe adaptor. Connect it to the power source on the wall. Just like when you charging this battery.
- Hold The Special Keys. Nest steps are holding the Shift with Command, Options and power button together. Hold it for a while then release it together too. Maybe 2 until 5 seconds is enough.
- Reboot The Macbook. The last step is to reboot the MacBook as usual. turn on the MacBook and see whether this trick is work or not. If this still not work, go ahead to do the next tips below.
Hard Shut Down
Hard shut down means you kill the MacBook through the power button. Usually, you use the shutdown options while the MacBook still awake. But in this case, you can not access all the options on the screen.
So, just hit the power button until the machine is stopped. When it already shut down, wait for some seconds to give some rest for your lovely MacBook.
Then try to start it normally by pressing the power button. If necessary you can also connect it to the adaptor to make sure that the battery is still filled.
Reboot Mac And Reset PRAM
If those two tips not work, maybe you need to do this last tips. Rebooting MacBook and do the PRAM. PRAM is same with RAM in windows, it controls the memory on MacBook. Here is a way to reset PRAM due to fix the MacBook black screen problem.
- Reboot the Mac. The first step is to reboot the Mac. You can do this step while connecting the adaptor to the electric source. Then, when there is a sound from the machine hold the command button together with the option, P and R keys. Release it for about 20 seconds together, after hearing the boot sound again.
- PRAM has been reset. After reset, this PRAM, reboot the MacBook as usual. If it fixed so your problem is gone. but if it still shows the black screen, maybe there is some serious problem.
If this happens to you and still can not fix it, call the MacBook technician to help. Or bring it in the apple store to ask what is wrong with this MacBook black screen problem.